This year’s theme for the Thirteenth Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT 2022) is “Moving to a 3-D Energy Landscape: Decarbonized, Democratized, Decentralized”, sponsored by the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES). It will be held February 21 – 24, 2022. The Organizing Committee has made the decision to hold ISGT NA 2022 as in in person, face-to-face, meeting. We look forward to seeing you at the Grand Hyatt Washington, Washington D.C. More information with regard to Venue & Accommodation will be posted soon.
Welcome to ISGT 2022
ISGT 2022 Tracks
The Conference will feature keynote and plenary sessions, panel sessions, and technical papers presented in poster sessions, as well as pre-conference tutorials. The conference is organized in three tracks: 1) Decarbonization of the grid, including renewable and DER technologies; 2) Grid democratization including technologies and tools for broad active participation; and 3) decentralized and distributed decision and control while maintaining grid reliability and resilience.
The tracks include the following general topics:
Track 1: Technologies and processes for grid decarbonization
- Environmental issues and regulations
- Renewable energy technologies
- New DER technologies
- Platforms and systems supporting grid integration with high DER adoption
- Reliability and resilience considering a changing relationship between the bulk power system and distribution systems
- Operational metrics for a decarbonized grid
- Power electronics and inverter-based resources
- Energy storage
- Verification and validation of new technologies
Track 2: Technologies and processes for democratized participatory grid
- Innovative grid architecture
- Distribution markets and system platforms (DSP, DSO, etc.)
- Smart transportation that integrates electrification and digitization including automated and electric vehicles (EVs) and EV charging infrastructure
- Smart buildings including measuring energy use, pinpointing operations and maintenance problems, automating lighting and thermostats, and tracking building performance.
- Transactive Energy Systems and emerging hardware/software technologies (Internet of Things-IoT, Blockchain, etc.) as well as tradable products, and incentive-compatible market design
- Synthetic inertia from inverter-based generation, and their interface with customer’s EMS
- Applications of Big Data, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence techniques
- New regulatory and business models
- Grid cybersecurity
- New planning processes that incorporate additional objectives such as decarbonization, resilience and energy equity
Track 3: Decentralized and distributed decision and control technologies
- Edge computing, control, and analytics
- Smart controls and sensors in end-use devices
- Smart Cities grid interactions such as Smart Street Lighting, and data analytics that analyze data generated by sensors and monitors to monitor and manage energy use, pedestrian safety, traffic flows, air quality
- Coordination of distributed, grid-edge functionality
- Distributed systems and architectures for grid control
- Autonomous grid control technologies
- Opportunities for convergence with related areas, for example, with Internet of Things
- DER modeling, forecasting, and flexible loads
- Provision of grid services from grid edge assets and systems
- Emerging substation and distribution automation technologies (advanced FLISR, Volt-VAR Optimization, outage management, restoration, etc.)
- Applications of augmented reality in the power industry
- Testbeds, datasets
The due date for Panel Proposals has been extended to July 30, 2021.
Ready to submit your paper? Click HERE to access submission portal.
Interested in proposing a tutorial sessions? Click HERE for more information.
Update June 25, 2021 – Conference Format will be In Person
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority. IEEE continues to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic (Coronavirus).
The Organizing Committee has been working with IEEE to assess the likely situation in February 2022 and has made the decision to hold ISGT 2022 as an in person meeting.
Please contact Kathy Heilman at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Ron Melton, Conference Chair