Call for Papers and Participation ISGT2015
|The ISGT2015 Document Submission Portal is now open and accepting documents. Please submit full manuscript by deadline of August 15, 2014.
The Sixth Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT 2015), sponsored by the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), will be held February 18-20, 2015 at the Washington Grand Hyatt in the District of Columbia, USA.
The Conference will be a forum for the participants to discuss state-of-the-art innovations in smart grid technologies. The Conference will feature plenary sessions, panels, technical papers, and tutorials by international experts on smart grid applications. The overall theme for this year is “Smart Grid – Present and Future”, focusing on the future migration path for the smart grid as new and emerging technologies converge with power system developments to create smart energy systems.
The Conference Organizing Committee invites researchers and practitioners worldwide to submit papers for review and possible presentation. The Conference scope covers the following general topics with respect to smart grid applications:
- Smart Grid Convergence with Next-Generation Energy Cyber-Physical Systems
- Next-generation Distribution Systems, Smart Sensors and Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Power and Energy System Applications (generation, transmission, distribution, markets, operations, planning)
- Impact of Distributed Energy Resources on Smart Grid (electric cars, demand response, distributed generation, storage)
- Energy Management Systems (with applications to smart buildings and home automation)
- Wide Area Protection, Communication, and Control in Energy Systems
- Cyber and Physical Security Systems (intelligent monitoring and outage management)
- Smart Grid Interoperability and Standards
- Large System Integration and Tools and Models for System Planning and Operations
- Critical infrastructure Resiliency (natural disasters, geomagnetic disturbances, etc.) and Self-Healing Grids
- Microgrids – Design, Testbeds, Deployment and Automation
- Smart Grid Deployment and Demonstration Projects
- Changing Utility Landscape and Enabling Technologies for Utility Business Transformation
- Smart Campuses and Cities
- Big Data Analytics Applications
- Large Scale Testbeds for Comprehensive Integration-Oriented Research and Demonstration
- Policy and Economics
- Research and Development Needs
The conference will present tutorials and panels on topical smart grid subjects. If you are interested in offering a tutorial or chairing a panel at the conference, please contact the Technical Program Chair, George Arnold.
Please submit completed manuscripts at the ISGT2015 Document Submission Portal. Please note that the document should not exceed 5 pages and should be prepared in accordance with PES Publications Guide. Document submission deadline is August 15, 2014. Accepted papers must be presented at the conference before they can be included in IEEE Xplore. Please contact the Technical Program Chair with any questions.
Conference Registration and Accommodation
Information on hotel and conference registration will be available on the ISGT2015 website.
Conference Organizing Committee
- Conference Chair: Saifur Rahman, Virginia Tech
- Technical Program Chair: George Arnold, Tercio Solutions
Completed Manuscript Submission Deadline: August 15, 2014
Notification of Acceptance or Revision: October 15, 2014
Final Manuscript Submission: November 15, 2014
Author Registration Deadline: January 10, 2015
Early Registration Deadline: January 15, 2015